Monday, September 22, 2008

Menu Plan Monday



I'm totally a list person, and this really helped keep me from buying frivolous food last week! Plus, this is my first week back at school (UGH), so it's going to be even more important to be organized about dinner this week! Here goes again, recipes where I can. And as always, visit OrgJunkie's fabulous website for more Menu Plan Monday participants!

Monday: Stir fry (carrots, celery, onion, broccoli, peas, tofu) over brown rice

Tuesday: Vegetarian Chili in the slow cooker!
1 can each of navy beans, red beans, and kidney beans
1 can vegetarian refried beans
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis (10 ounces)
2 1/2 cups vegetable broth/stock
Drain and rinse all beans (except refried), throw everything in the crock pot on low for a long time (I always just wait 'til I'm hungry... doesn't really seem to matter!
Season with red pepper flakes if it's not spicy enough
Serve with sour cream and cheddar cheese!


Wednesday: It's a school day, so Matt will be eating Slow cooker chicken with gravy that I'm adding potatoes and carrots to, and I'll be having left overs in class!

Thursday: Another school day, but I'm cooking anyway! Spaghetti - saute tofu in olive oil with garlic and italian seasoning until lightly browned, then add it to jarred spaghetti sauce - we'll have garlic bread on the side

Friday: Pizza - hopefully home made, but lets be honest, probably not!

Saturday: Soup (beef stew for him, roasted peppers and tomato for me!) and grilled cheese sandwiches

Sunday: Leftovers

No comments: