Monday, August 18, 2008

Nesting Tables: They're finally finished!

One of the reasons I created this blog is that the majority of blogs regarding household organization, de-cluttering, and decorating are made by and for stay-at-home wives and mothers. It's not that there's anything wrong with this - I think being a stay-at-home-mom with lots of kids is way out of my league - it's just that it's a different situation than the one I'm in. I don't have children, I work full-time (and more some weeks!), and I've spent at least 2 nights a week and one full weekend a quarter in a classroom. That's a lot of time outside the home! Basically, it means that I have to make sure the time I do spend at home is restfull while still being productive. It's a hard combo!

Case in point: I bought these nesting tables nearly 3 full months ago from American Unfinished Furniture, a (you guessed it!) unfinished furniture store in Spokane that came highly recommended from several friends. I'm a big fan of really dark finishes on wood, so I bought some finish to do it myself. It was really easy, and only took about a weekend - although, I did manage to mess up one of the legs on the smallest table, even though you can't really tell in the pictures. The worst part, though, is that the corner pieces required to oh, actually attach the legs to the tables, were left out of the packages.

So imagine my surprise when, upon arriving home today, there they were in the mail! Hooray! So I now present to you my new nesting end tables, that will serve our needs much better and classier than the stools we've been setting things on instead of sitting on. :)

No comments: