Saturday, June 20, 2009

Road Trip Eats

Today Matt and I are embarking on a road trip across the state for my little brother's graduation party (congrats Joel!). The 4.5 hour drive usually involves junk food of various sorts - chips, soda, candy-bars, etc. But, in the spirit of healthy eating, and inspired by many other bloggers, I'm determined to snack on some healthier options as we make the trek to Seattle. So here's what I've got packed:

Half a package of baby carrots and half a fresh cucumber.

Leftover peanut-butter and chocolate granola bars (homemade! yum!)

Because we don't road-trip very often, I'm not sure how this is going to work out. But it's summer, and road-trips are more likely to happen. So you people that road-trip a lot -- what are your favorite (healthy) road-tripping snacks?

2 comments:

amarie said...

Jerky. (or vegan jerquee)
Grapes.
Frosted Mini Wheats.
BareFruit snacks -- expensive, but yummy

Becca said...

Oh gosh. Frosted Mini Wheats are one of my secret nemeses... a whole box has never lasted more than a day around me! But I bet they'd be great on a road-trip in a single-serving portion. Great idea! Yum yum.