Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wedding Wednesdays - Episode 8

So it's legitimately been a while since I posted about how our wedding plans are coming along. Sorry! The only real progress that I've made since last time is going dress shopping with my mom and sister - and I can't post about that because Matt reads the blog and the dress has to be a surprise! I want him to be totally shocked (in a good way) when I walk down the aisle, both by the dress AND me!

Anyway, so what HAVE we been doing to get ready for the wedding (which, PS, is only 311 days away!)? Well... we've gotten a TON of information from our church's wedding coordinator - she's there to help with the service and everything that happens within the ceremony itself. One of the primary things that we've been tasked with by her (among the MANY other things that need to get done soon) is deciding on readings for the ceremony!

To help us make our decision, the wedding coordinator sent us a booklet listing out a bunch of different readings from the Old Testament, New Testament, and the Gospels, as well as providing some commentary on them. We need one reading from each section for our nuptial mass.

The readings suggestions workbook.

She also sent us a bunch of programs from weddings that have been recently held at the church to show what readings others have used - but I'll be honest, I looked at them more for stationary and colors ideas! I really like the longer single-sheet idea as opposed to the booklet... but that's another post. :D

Sample programs.

So, blog world, what were the readings at your wedding, or what readings would YOU recommend? I've got a few in mind already, but I'm curious about what others have done.

No comments: