Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Project 18: Fail Sauce

Ugh, epic fail. A month ago, I wrote about wanting to change my morning routine. I wanted to get up earlier, get more out of the morning hours before work, and do a better job of getting to work "on time" (or before 8:30). Honestly, the first day of the project went well. The rest of the month? Not. So. Much.

It's hard to drastically change a routine that I've become so used to, even though it's detrimental to my life in so many ways! I really needed to exert the effort to make this a consistent habit for a few weeks, in hopes that it would stick, but I just couldn't do it. I could blame all the craziness going on and time off in Portland that I took, but it really is my own fault for not making this a priority.

Instead, I'm going to give it another shot. Except I'm going to wait until September, because I'm taking a trip to the East Coast for 9-ish days before the end of the month - and that's not going to help cement any sort of "getting up early" project into habit. Come September, I will succeed in making myself a morning person! It just seems like such a waste of perfectly good hours in the day to not take advantage of these beautiful summer mornings.

No comments: