Monday, July 13, 2009

Project 18 Update

So on Friday I wrote about wanted to change my morning routine, and today was my first shot at getting up at the crack of dawn (which obviously means 6am) and stop being a lazy bum. And I was successful! But not necessarily of my own accord...

There's a ghost in Spokane/my shower, and it wanted me out of bed at 6am this morning. Who am I to say no?

At exactly 5am, my shower developed a noisy, twice a minute drip. This of course drew me out of bed to see what the deal was, since our shower has never dripped (except due to user error). And then, through nothing my blind-as-a-bat-without-contacts inspection revealed, the shower inexplicably stopped dripping at 5:30am. And obviously, I'm already wide awake at this point.

At exactly 6am, the torrential downpour that began last night abruptly stopped, yielding a damp but still slightly warm morning. Which, in case you're wondering, is absolutely perfect for a morning run.

Call it fate, the stars aligning, or the intervention of a Higher Power, but my butt was at work by 8:30 after a morning full of working out, breakfast, lunch-packing, blog-checking, and the ever important SHOWER. Hallelujah!

Day one of Project 18: COMPLETE.

1 comment:

Dionne said...

Good for you breaking the cycle! It can be hard to break the routine, but good for you!

Arrrgghh - what a pain - a dripping shower can be so frustrating!