Saturday, July 11, 2009

TIme for another personal confession...

Ladies, I never foresaw my admission to my participation in a certain... *ahem* extracurricular.... happening on this blog. But now, as i sit to write a post about what I'm doing and have done on this particular Saturday, I see no way around it.

I am...

A former pageant girl. And by that, I mean that I competed in one Miss America preliminary shortly before my 21st birthday. But, nonetheless, that has classified me as a pageant girl (and crossed one of those "what-if" things off my adolescent to-do list. I didn't do well - it was quite comical in fact - but it's one of those experiences that you glad you took advantage of while you still could.

Want proof? I give you... the infamous pink bikini (that played a part in Rachel's blog name):

Yeah, it's pretty heinous, isn't it? Crocheted pink bikinis will do that to ya.

So I hope you all will excuse me while I continue to watch the live webcast of the Miss Washington and Miss Washington's Outstanding Teen pageants tonight instead of contributing anything blog-worthy (again) tonight - except for maybe that photo up there. Don't blackmail me now y'all!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you get the web cast to work? I sat there since 4 PM (when one could log in) and all I ever saw was a "loading" page.

Who won!!!?

LWLH said...

lol...Thanks for sharing..don't worry girl my mom cut my hair like a mullet when I was a child, things could be worse! : )

ACH said...

Look at you, pretty lady! I never would have had the courage to do that, so kudos to you!

Becca said...

@ Mika: Miss Seattle, Devanni Partridge, took the crown.