Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wedding Wednesdays - Episode 10

I had every intention of making this post about wedding "colors" and the direction I'm leaning... but why write about my wedding when I can write about other's weddings??

I woke up early this morning (go Project 18!), and after doing some 30 Day Shred, turned on the Today show. And what do you know, the Today show hosted a wedding for 2 cross country coaches live on air this morning! Don't get me wrong, I'm having a great time planning my wedding, but how awesome would it be to have everything picked and arranged for you - and completely paid for?

As with any wedding (especially one where everything is decided by the general population of the US), there are things that I'd want to change if it were me. But this one was pretty good overall, and I could only think of two things:



Striped Tommy Hilfiger Suit (image credit: Indochino)

The groom and weddign party wore grey-striped Tommy Hilfiger suits. They looked quite a bit like the one above, and I was not a fan. I'm not sure what Matt and his entourage will be wearing, but it will not be these suits.

Martina McBride

I don't like country. There will be no country music at my wedding (unless it's as a joke - like Matt and his entourage singing me "Achy Breaky Heart" or something ridiculous like that). And our first dance will certainly NOT be to Martina McBride. But, you know, to each their own, and they seemed to enjoy it - that's what matters, right?


I will, however, be very happy to accept NBC's donation - or anyone elses - of a honeymoon to Australia (good choice America!). Any takers? Anyone?


You can check out the video if you missed it on the NBC website. And seriously, these two are super cute - since they're runners, they "ran" down the aisle after being pronounced husband and wife, and Leigh's vows included a reference to "spinach chicken surprise".

No comments: