Saturday, March 7, 2009

Back from my travels!

This has been my closet for far too long!

I've spent the last 10 days or so either preparing to travel, traveling, or trying to recover from my travels. My first trip was to Portland to visit Matt's family and a few college friends, and it was so nice to be in a big city with a lot going on. I really love Portland and Seattle, and with airfare being as cheap as it has been on Southwest, you really can't beat it.

My second excursion (back to back with Portland) was to the city of Houston, Texas. I'd never been to Texas before, and had to go for work. And let me say, no offense Southern girls, but I so much prefer the pacific northwest! We stayed at the really interesting Hotel ZaZa, which had all kinds of strange decor and things going on. Our work kept us from doing fun stuff, though, so we didn't get to the rodeo or out at all other than to dinner around Rice University a few times. I also befriended a man named Charlie, who is the night manager of a bus management company for the bus that I left my (work) blackberry on basically as soon as I got to Houston. Epic fail.

Anyway, I'm back, significantly less stressed out, and will be posting regularly again!

2 comments:

LWLH said...

Welcome back!!! :)

Not Another Omnivore said...

I wondered where you had been! Glad to hear your back and ready to go!

NAOmni