Monday, May 4, 2009

Bloomsday Race Report

It's no secret that Bloomsday was yesterday, especially if you tried to get anywhere in the downtown Spokane area. Basically, this entire city shuts down while 50,000 or so runners lope down the street in hopes of completing the 7.46 mile (12k) race in a better time than last year. For the second official (and fourth unofficial) time, I was among those 50,000.

And not to toot my own horn or anything, but I rocked it.

Shamelessly stolen from the Bloomsday website.

Oh yes. I finished in under an hour and made the top 25 of 24-year-old women. Those were my two goals going into the race, and that's what I did! Hooray!

Rachel also ran it for the first time this year, and wrote up here experience here. Go give her a pat on the back for her hard work!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You're my idol :)