Monday, January 19, 2009

Time is NOT on my side

I've never intended this blog to be really personal, and certainly not whiny, or rant-y, but I have to say...

This weekend (and the week in general) was very frustrating for me, and it's hard to start off the week on a positive note after a frustrating weekend. My job has been pretty stressful as of late because of a super important deadline we have in about 5 weeks, which means we've been required to work 60 hours every week - effectively negating the therapeutic impact that Saturday normally has on my body and psyche. *sigh* It's tough to shove all of your relaxing/cleaning/homework into one day when you've spent 60 hours over the course of 6 days in the office and 7 hours at night after work in class. :(

Basically, this means I need to do a better job of managing my time and to-do lists, so that things don't pile up until Sunday again like they did yesterday. Even though I want to sit on the couch and veg out after work, I need to do that one load of laundry or run the dishwasher. Organization and prioritization really are the keys sometimes. Here's hoping this week will be better!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Go Becca go! I know that feeling too and it SUCKS. Heck, I feel that way sometimes on weekends when I haven't had to work that much, just because I'm THAT lazy. But I also know that doing just a little bit on the weekdays does help so much, just like you were saying. And spending, say, 20 or 30 minutes right after work bustling around your apartment and being productive will make Sundays SO much easier and also not have too much of an impact on your weekday - you'll still have plenty of time to veg out on the couch!

Good luck!

Jay Ferris said...

I feel you on this -- my only solution for lacking enough hours in the day has been to sleep less and drink more coffee. Hardly conducive with an organized, happy existence I would say.